Monday 23 February 2015

Perfection

For a while now I have been on some crazy control freakish search for some kind of domestic perfection. You know the whole tidy house, a place for everything, no clutter, neat and tidy, routine driven, perfect well behaved children, home cooked meals.............

The thing is perfection is something that simply does not exist - or not in this sense anyway.  I have been searching for something that is unobtainable.

This mad obsession has made me loose sight of reality.  I have become so caught up in my quest for perfection that I have lost the ability to function properly and see the beauty that I do have right in front of me.

The constant placing of unrealistic expectations has stifled my creativity and my appreciation for just how lucky I actually am.  I have become obsessed with "to-do lists" and jobs that have to be done "RIGHT NOW" hence I have lists as long as my arm and lists of lists.  Crazy right!?!

In the world of social media and school runs it is so easy to get swept along - constantly comparing myself to others, worrying about what people think - do I look okay, is the house tidy enough, is Amelie's hair brushed properly.  The reality is that it shouldn't matter what other people think, and lets face it how many homes really do look like they are on the cover of a glossy magazine.

Don't get me wrong we all need an element of structure and order in our lives so we don't end up in complete chaos.  However there is a difference between creating a happy home in which to love, grow and nurture and striving for something that doesn't exist.

Perfection like beauty is in the eye of the beholder and everyone's perfection is a little different.



No comments:

Post a Comment